Due to ongoing issues at the pathology laboratory, we will not be booking any more non-urgent blood tests at the moment. If you have not been contacted by us, your appointment will still go ahead.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation.
********************************RICHMOND MEDICAL CENTRE UPDATE********************************
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we have had to change the way patients access our services in order to keep both our practice staff and patients safe. This has presented a number of challenges especially in manning the phones. This has led to long & unacceptable delays in answering calls. We have also had to reduce the numbers of people attending the buildings.
In light of this, we are addressing the situation head on and we wanted to update you on the following:
- We have recruited two new reception staff and we are currently in the process of recruiting a further two receptionists.
- We have an online e-consultation system in place and we would ask all patients to use this in the first instance when contacting the practice for routine administrative and clinical issues as well as requesting appointments for new or ongoing health problems - https://richmondmedicalcentre-lincoln.webgp.com/
- Messages and appointments can be sent to us via this website https://www.richmondmedicalcentre.org.uk/contact-us or by email to practice generic email
- For patients who do not have access to the internet, you can call the practice as normal, but please bear with us as we are extremely busy at this time and calls may take longer than usual to answer. It is far quicker to use online methods – friends and family can do these on your behalf.
- If we think that you need to be seen then we will arrange for an appropriate face to face appointment with one of our practice team or perform a video consultation.
- Please only come to the practice if we have asked you to, arrive at your appointment time (not before), wear a face covering, and maintain social distancing in the practice.
- Home visits are still being carried out for those patients who require them, however, this may be carried out by one of our experienced advanced nurse practitioners and not necessarily a GP.
- We would also like to remind patients to make use of NHS111 and https://111.nhs.uk/ to ensure patients access the most appropriate services especially if you think you might have CoVid..
- Please be kind to our practice team. We are working in extremely difficult circumstances whilst continuing to offer the best possible care to our patients.
Richmond Medical Centre
Flu Vaccination Update
Due to an overwhelming demand for flu vaccinations this year, we are not booking anymore appointments at the moment.
We are currently awaiting further supplies of the flu vaccination for the over 65 age group and hope to have an update for you all in the next couple of weeks. Anyone in this age group who has an appointment booked with us in the next few days will be contacted and added to the waiting list and will be rebooked once those supplies have been received by us.
We have one remaining under 65 at risk flu clinic booked on 10th November. Again, we are awaiting further supplies of this vaccination towards the end of November. Anyone who has not received their vaccination in this cohort will be added to the waiting list and will be contacted once supplies of that vaccination have been received.
We are still waiting to hear when/if we will be vaccinating the remaining 50-64 year olds who are not considered at risk. We will update you as soon as we have been informed.
What is eConsult?
eConsult is free to use for NHS patients. Use eConsult to ask your GP surgery about your health symptoms, conditions or treatment. You can even request things like sick notes and GP letters.
It may not be necessary for you to attend for an appointment. You can submit details about your condition or your administration request and you will receive a response from the practice usually within 24 hours but you will be advised of the timeframe once you have submitted the online form.
**** Please note eConsult is closed from 18:30 on a Friday and will reopen at 0830 on a Monday****
In light of Covid-19, we are using remote consultations in order to minimise the risk of infection to patients and staff. We ask that patients do not come to the surgery unless invited to do so by the practice.
All patients requiring a face to face appointment will be triaged using telephone, video, and online consultations. This will usually occur in the morning and face to face appointments with ALL clinical staff will be from 12 noon onwards.
If you wish to make an appointment please use the following methods:
Telephone: 01522 500240
Q Doctor: https://www.qdoctor.io
All other contacts with the surgery must be made by the above methods. Only patients with pre-booked appointments are permitted in the waiting room to reduce the risk of Coronavirus spread and to protect staff and patients.
We have also reduced some of our services so that we can focus on managing patients with Covid-19. We are still able to assess and advise patients remotely about any concerns that they have which are not Covid-19 related.
We suggest all patients register for online access in the current climate. If you're not sure how to do this please ring the surgery after 11am any day and we will advise you and set it up.
We are trying to run our services as close to "normal" as possible. Thank you for your continued support during this time.
*****Routine appointments for smears and checks (such as diabetes, hypertension or other long term illnesses) have resumed to near normal. At Richmond Medical Centre we encourage these routine checks to happen during your birthday month to ensure that everyone has them done at least annually. Please ring reception and book for these if you have a long term health condition such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, asthma/ COPD or chronic kidney disease *****